Sunday, November 4, 2018

My first National FFA convention

I would have to say my first trip to The National FFA convention was a major success! The FFA convention has a lot to offer to an agriculture advisors. I was able to obtain many flash drives with curriculum on them that gave me ideas for what I can teach to my students.

If I had to put my opinion about convention into one word I would say impressive. Just seeing students from all over come together in one central location was amazing. It was also cool to see that advisors either knew or remembered each other even if they taught thousands of miles apart. It showed me how close the ag ed family is and I really inspired by that. In ag ed even if you feel alone, you really aren't. At one point I made a comment of how I was trying to look for my friends to find in the Garth Brooks crowd and Ms. Russell said to me "you don't have to look for friends because you're already surrounded by thousands of them." that made me smile.
Image result for we are all friends
While at convention I felt that I was able to build a stronger connection with Ms. Russell and the more I got to know her the more I realized that I picked the perfect person as my cooperating teacher. While getting to know her I also got to know the a few of the students more. The students that came with us was a really good group. It was interesting to see how they interacted with one another and to see how they interacted with Ms. Russell and I. It was interesting to see all the different personalities, but yet all of them being good students.


The students we took were the state champs for parliamentary procedure. Watching how they were coached up and getting to see them preform parli pro was cool to watch. I will say, even though I didn't coach them personally I felt a sense of pride watching them. I will have to say though students are very forgetful when it comes to remembering important items. There were multiple times when a student would need something, but they had left it behind on accident. I still enjoyed my time with the students nonetheless
Image result for remember

Convention was great, students are great, Advisors are great, AGRICULTURE EDUCATION IS GREAT!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I am so glad you had a great time at your first National Convention! Forming positive rapport with your students and cooperating teacher will be a wonderful asset once you begin your student teaching internship. What were the 3 most useful things you gained or observed from your time at Convention?

    ReplyDelete