Friday, September 28, 2018

Unit reflection

First unit plan in the bag! 
Image result for unit planning Initially starting my unit plan I wasn’t sure where I was going to go with it. However, a wonderful friend from #PSUAgEd18 helped me out by showing me a unit plan that she had put together from student teaching last year. After I got a base of knowledge from her as to what I was to do, I was able to put together my unit for small vet skills. I felt pretty good about my first draft and then I handed it over to my peer reviewers.

When my reviewers gave me feedback, they wanted me to make sure that I had my references in APA format (formatting is one of my weaknesses as a writer I’ll admit that) and to make sure to add criteria into my daily objectives. With this advice I tweaked my original lesson plan some, and honestly making the final product wasn’t all that bad! 

I have a total of 13 unit plans to create. I now have one of them down and 12 more to go. Watch out student teaching here I come! 😎

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, it's good to hear that the peer feedback exercise helped you refine your unit plan and incorporate some important elements that may have been missing. Can you provide us with some more detail on what your greatest challenges and successes were as your navigated the process of writing your first unit plan?

    ReplyDelete