Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Ag Mechanics lab reflection

Giving a demonstration can be super simple, or overly difficult depending on what you're demonstrating and how it's being demonstrated. When I did my Ag mechanics lab I chose to do cable ripping. It was difficult to not go too fast through the demonstration, since I already knew what I was doing and to me it was easy. It's important to go slow and make sure that your students understand every single step you are doing.
Image result for cable ripper
When I did my demonstration I utilized the method teacher says, teacher does. Teacher says, student does. student says, student does. I feel like this is a very effective way to get students to learn a step by step procedure because not only are the students involved directly in the learning, but they also get to see the demonstration done three different times.
Image result for teacher and student

when doing demonstrations you have to make sure that you have clearly defined steps to make sure there is no gray area in transition. Whenever you are doing demonstrations, you should make sure that all the tools you are going to use are prepped and workable. You also want to make sure that you do the demonstration yourself before you show your students because you don't want to be in the situation where you don't know what you are doing in front of them.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I like how you share the steps of the demo process for those who might might know them, and how you shared your best practices for preparing and carrying out demo lessons.

    ReplyDelete