Sunday, January 27, 2019

Snow my Gosh: Student teaching week 3

This was the week that was barely there. The snow and cold just kept coming. However, I powered through and made due with the time I had! 2 closings in 1 week along with delays as well. I was able to create eco bottles with my natural resources class and they really seemed to enjoy building them!
Image result for school closing snow
The class I want to highlight for this week is my 7th period class. This class is a class full of 8th graders. When I initially found out that I was taking on a class of 8th graders I will admit I was very nervous. I was mentally prepared to take on high school students, but I wasn't sure how I would feel about taking on a middle school age. Well here is my consensus so far. Those students are awesome. I gave them an assignment to research and make posters based off of an agriculture education topic that them and their partner had. They worked diligently for a day and the next day they presented the posters. I told them they only needed 5 facts for their poster and let me tell you many of the groups went above and beyond!


When it came to the students presenting, some were a little more confident than others. However, overall they did very well! It's easy to say I was impressed by this group. I also felt a little bit of pride as they presented because all of the groups hit the nail on the head for the topic that they were suppose to present.

With all this being said, instead of having nerves for the 8th graders, I'm quickly finding them to be one of my favorite classes of the day! It's funny how things work out.

2 comments:

  1. The ECO bottles were awesome! Encouraging to see the positive vibes the younger group. Great work, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flexibility is key. Keep on teaching and teaching every minute you have (you see why instructional time is so valuable)

    I do encourage you think about posing specific questions at the end of your blogs you would like folks to respond to. It might help you get better feedback to help you!

    ReplyDelete