Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Manny at Pequea!

One of the opportunities I was able to take advantage of as a student teacher is going to see another student teacher in action! The cohort member I went and visited was Mr. Catala. His student teaching placement is at Pequea Valley High school. When I went there were multiple things that Manny had responsibilities for that I could relate to, however there were other things that Manny was able to do that were different from my day to day student teaching life.

While visiting Manny I took from it that Pequea is much more technology driven than Juniata Valley. One of the activities that the students were doing while I was there was measuring the amount of CO2 that crickets release through cellular respiration. IT WAS SO COOL. they put the crickets into little tube with sensors in them that detected the amounts of CO2 that was being released.  Like me though Manny was teaching a wide range of subjects. Everywhere from plumbing to animal science to plant science. 



Another thing I have to note about Pequea is they started implementing a system called smart passes. Smart passes are digital passes that a student fills out on their phone and a teacher gets a notification when a smart pass is filled out so they can keep track of who's out, where they are and how long they have been gone for. Very cool! 

It was nice seeing another student teacher in action. While there Manny got his acceptance email into the peace corps! I am so excited for him and everything that his future holds. After visiting it made me ponder on just where all of the members of my cohort may end up. I'm sure each and every one of them will do well no matter where they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment