Wednesday, April 17, 2019

PAAE in The SouthCentral Region

I had the opportunity to attend a meeting for the Pennsylvania Association of Agricultural Educators for the SouthCentral region during my Student teaching internship. This meeting was full of so much information. When it came time for Penn State to talk, they started to talk about the up and coming cohort and the programs for new and beginning teachers program. As I listened that's when it really started to sink in that shortly I would be graduating and starting a career of my own. It was truly a surreal feeling. After attending this meeting I realized just how important it is for Agriculture educators to stay connected because even though all programs are different, we still all work as one. Agricultural education is unique in the way that it can be so different and all the same at the same time. With the connection of The National FFA organization students from all around can meet each other and look deeper into the vastness that is agriculture. Hopefully, when I become an agriculture teacher in my own program I will be able to have the opportunity to be an active member in PAAE because it is such a crucial part to keep that Ag Ed connection alive across the state.
Image result for PAAE

No comments:

Post a Comment