Friday, April 19, 2019

That's all folks!: Student Teaching week 15

This week has been an emotional one for me. I did a lot of wrapping up and some end of the internship fun activities with my students. I made sure to get pictures with as many students as I could. I know I am truly going to miss teaching at Juniata Valley. Wednesday I said goodbye to my afternoon classes. Then Thursday I said goodbye to my morning classes and officially said goodbye to Juniata Valley. During the banquet I was awarded the Honorary Chapter FFA Degree and I could not be more humbled, it was something I did not expect in the slightest.

I could not be more thankful for the experiences I was able to have at Juniata Valley. The support system from everyone there is so strong. I helped with setting up with banquet this past week and was able to help in the process of choosing the new Blue Juniata officer team. It was a tough decision.

For this week there were a couple very big highlight labs the first one I  have to mention is when I took my natural resource students down to the river to check our macroinvertabrate nets. Thankfully, they were successful and the students were able to experience what real life macros look like.

I was also able to do my Boone and Crockett lab with my natural resources students. They measured and scored Mule deer, White-tailed deer, and Pronghorn antelope.

The last highlight I would like to mention is we did behavior testing in mice. There were 4 stations. The first was to see what brain dominance the mouse may have. The way you test this is by watching which way the tail curls after each time you set it down. If the mouses tail curled to the right your mouse was left brained, if it curled to the left it was right brained. the second station was testing hyperactivity in the mice by putting them down in a box that had a grid on the bottom of it and you would trace the path of your mouse and observe how quickly it moved. The third station was your stereotypical timed maze. The fourth and final station was seeing how long it would take your mouse to climb onto a raft after you set it in water.

I am so proud of every student that walked through those Ag doors and I am going to miss them all greatly. I could not have done this without the help and support of many people in my life, to them I say thank you and I am excited to see what my future has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment