Saturday, March 30, 2019

Dwindling Down: Student teaching Week 12

A full load of classes until the end. After a week of being gone, I came back to teaching a full load (A fact that I love). It was nice seeing all of the students again. This was my last full week with this group of 8th graders, it makes me sad to start with a new class of 8th graders on Wednesday. However, it will be nice to get to know yet another group of students! The way the class has been going is I divide the class time in half, so half the period those who need to finish up their benches can and then in the second half we talk about something environmental science-based (usually paired with a super fun activity.) 
Image result for clock
As time ticks on I have mixed emotions because I am excited to graduate and be done with college. However, I have fallen in love with Juniata Valley and it's students. It's going to be SO hard to say goodbye. I know that's not something I'm going to have to worry about for another 3 weeks, but 3 weeks will go by fast. I mean here we are at the end of week 12 and that seemed like no time at all.

So, enough of my small going away reflection. Here are some of the cool things my students did this week!

On Wednesday Juniata Valley hosted the area public speaking contest where a few schools came together to compete in different aspects of speaking. Everything from Parliamentary procedure to interview skills to extemporary speaking. Our Novice Parli Pro team is moving on (conduct of chapter meetings) and our Extemporary speaker is moving on as well! I'm so proud of the Blue Juniata students!

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
During class time I had students working on their welding projects, making bird feeders, injecting oranges, comparing apples, and having students share out presentations. It was a busy week this week for sure! 
 
Question for my readers:

What is the most entertaining activity you have ever done with your students?

If you are not a teacher- What is the most entertaining class activity you have ever participated in?

No comments:

Post a Comment